- Letters from home are a special part of every camper’s day. For parents’ convenience, a one-way email service is available, however internet service is sporadic in the Northwoods. Campers cannot email out of camp. Campers are not allowed to use the phones and parents should not call in. Exceptions are made in case of emergencies or at the Executive Director’s discretion.
- Sending packages of any kind is heavily discouraged. They are cumbersome to carry in from the Post Office and the packing material adds greatly to our waste disposal.
- Food is not allowed in the cabins and packages containing food will not be given to campers. Other campers may have food allergies and food also invites insects and other undesirable creatures.
- Cell phones, video devices, iPods, and other electronics are not permitted. These items will be taken and kept in a safe in the Executive Director’s office until the day the campers leave.
- Parents are not allowed to visit except on designated dates.
- Girls are not allowed off campgrounds except for an emergency or camp outing.
Only campers, alumnae, and staff are allowed to attend the final Candlelight Service on the last evening of camp. This is a unique Red Pine tradition—a very special final ceremony to reflect on the summer’s experiences and to celebrate friendships. We respectfully request that parents and visitors honor this tradition.